Dental implants are the fixed permanent solution for missing teeth. You don’t have to live with missing smile when you get dental implants.
Being a permanent solution, dental implants need some tender love and care.
Dental implants are fixed inside the jaw bone. We wait for a period of 3 months for the implants to get fixed inside the bone. Once it gets fixed, a dental crown or a denture is fixed upon the implants.
Dental care is required not only after placing the final crown. Care is necessary right from the first stage to ensure successful treatment results.
Before dental implant placement
- It is advisable to replace the kissing tooth or teeth immediately after being removed to allow enough space for dental implant placement
- Get your blood routine work up done.
- If you are taking any medications, inform your dentist before the placement procedure.
- Avoid smoking and other tobacco products
After dental implant placement
- Follow all instructions given by the dentist for quick and complication free healing.
- Maintain good oral hygiene, even around the implant area
- If you are diabetic, maintain your blood sugar levels within the normal range with the help of diet and medicines.
- Visit your dentist for a follow up appointment as suggested.
- Stop smoking and use of any tobacco products
After dental prosthesis placement
- Maintain the area by brushing twice daily along with other teeth
- Floss in the areas shown by the dentist
- Avoid eating anything sticky or too hard substances from the dental implant crown
- Maintain good overall health to maintain good dental implant health
- Visit your dentist every 6 months for a follow up
Dental implant gives you the power to smile, chew and live life to the fullest. With great power comes great responsibility. Take up this responsibility for lifetime of smiles.