Popping, Locking, Ticking….
These words remind us of Dance and Music.
But for someone with Jaw Pain, these words bring painful memories.
Jaw pain is one of the most common pain experienced by everyone. One can hear popping and clicking sounds during jaw pain, wishing for instant relief from pain.
Symptoms of Jaw Pain
- Jaw locking
- Clicking, popping or grinding sounds
- Sensitive teeth
- Burning sensation in mouth
- Pain in the face and jaw
- Difficulty in opening of mouth, chewing
Some possible causes of Jaw Pain
- Trauma to the face : Any trauma to the face will result in pain
- Tooth pain : Toothache is one of the most common reasons for jaw pain
- Sinusitis : Sinus problems usually show symptoms as jaw pain.
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Teeth grinding at night
- Involuntary clenching of jaw
Treatment for jaw pain
- For immediate relief, apply moist heat or ice pack. This will provide relief
- Over the counter medicines can help you for pain relief.
- If the pain still continues or increases then consult your doctor immediately. It is important to treat the underlying cause of jaw pain for long life relief.